Health & Safety
Most business owners do not have the time or resources to manage their health and safety system on their own.
Today's reality is:
- The average cost of a claim due to a workplace incident is more than $78,000.
- The indirect costs associated with an incident, is a minimum of four times the direct cost, which appears on an employer's Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) cost statement.
- Business owners are expected to know and comply with all requirements under the legislation.
- 25% of all businesses are paying a surcharge to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board due to higher than average incident and injury rates within their sector.
- Most workplaces do not take advantage of the maximum rebates available to them under the WSIB incentive programs.
How can WHSS assist your business?
- Provide your business with expert 'one stop' advice and guidance on all matters relating to the occupational health and safety needs affecting your company.
- Evaluate your existing health and safety systems.
- Develop new or modify your existing programs to establish a cost effective health and safety management system, unique to your business.
- Train your management and supervisory staff.
- Manage your WSIB costs, identify strategies to maximize your savings and rebates under the various experience rating programs.
- Link your business to resources available from the various Safe Workplace Associations and other Community resources.
- Prepare your workplace for an upcoming Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Workwell Audit.