We've had an issue... Now What?
Wilkens Health & Safety Solutions (WHSS) provides assistance to those businesses that have had the unfortunate experience of having:
- Complaints and claims filed by current or previous employees;
- Notices of contravention issued by the Ministry of Labour for various contraventions under the Employment Standards Act including:
- hours of work; and,
- public holiday pay.
- Collections agency involvement; and
- Reprisal Complaints.
Non-compliance with the Employment Standards Act (ESA) can carry with it severe penalties, which can often cause a business to suffer great financial losses. A ticket issued during an inspection carries a fine of $365.00 to $1,000.00 per offence if the employer is convicted. Individual prosecutions under the Act are subject to a maximum fine of $50,000.00 and/or incarceration of up to 12 months.
For those businesses that find themselves in a situation where a claim has been filed or a notice of inspection has been issued, we offer the following services:
- Guidance with regards to any Employment Standards’ questions or claims.
- Provide direction on how to prepare for an inspection/audit.
- Full Employment Standards development, which will allow your workplace to comply with the Employment Standards Act.
By letting our team at WHSS assist your business in the development of a strategic solution to your non-compliance issue, we can help mitigate the negative impact. We can help your business grow from making reactive responses into proactive solutions.